On Re-Opening My Practice
I am taking every reasonable precaution to protect myself and my clients. Please understand however, there can be no guarantee made that either you or I will come away from our interactions unscathed. If you choose to receive massage, the risk here will be mutually shared despite any enhanced safety protocols.
If you choose to venture out into the community and patronize local businesses, and in this case seek out massage therapy, you must be aware of this risk given the information currently available about COVID-19, relative to your personal health status, and to those you live with or are responsible for.
The choice is yours to make. Should you decide to seek massage therapy at my office, I ask that you acknowledge and accept the following risk waiver:
I understand that, because massage therapy work involves maintained touch and close physical proximity over an extended period of time, there may be an elevated risk of disease transmission, including COVID-19. I acknowledge that I am aware of the risks involved and give consent to receive massage and bodywork from Mitchell Diaz, LMT and hereby waive and release the named therapist of any and all liability related to contracting COVID-19 (coronavirus). The named massage therapist will likewise agree to waive and release any and all liability on the part of the client should the named massage therapist contract to COVID-19 from the client.
If you agree, I’ll be happy to see you soon. If not, that’s ok and I will certainly respect your decision to wait for a later time in the future.
S.O.P for cleaning of the massage treatment room and equipment
Wiping down the massage table, vinyl cushions, massage pressure tools, and other pieces of equipment that are used during a session has always been standard operating practice. This of course includes therapist hygiene of washing hands, forearms, and elbows after each session. Massage sheet and towel drapes are used once for a client session then washed with warm water and a mild detergent. Cleaning the office (i.e. dusting, sweeping, and mopping the floor) is typically done on a weekly basis. Commonly touched surfaces will also be wiped down including the door handles (inside and outside) and the restroom keys.
Covid-19 safety protocols for in-office appointments
1) Per Miami-Dade County ordinance, a mask or face covering is required to enter all public buildings. If you have a chronic medical condition that would make breathing difficult for you by wearing a nose and mouth covering, you may choose to not wear the face covering at all during your session.
2) Within 24-hours prior to your appointment, please go over this checklist:
– Have you had a fever in the last 24 hours of 100°F or above?
– Do you now, or have you recently had, any respiratory or flu symptoms, sore throat, or shortness of breath?
– Have you been in contact with anyone in the last 14 days who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or has coronavirus-type symptoms?
If yes on any please call or text to reschedule your appointment. My cancellation policy will remain suspended indefinitely at this time and so there will be no penalty. I will be following the same steps above and will notify clients should I come down with symptoms.
3) Hand sanitizer will be available at the office for your use as well as facial tissue and/or paper towels.