Massage or any form of Manual Therapy provided by Mitchell Diaz, LMT, is not to be considered or interpreted as a medical treatment, a medical diagnosis, a medical treatment plan, or as a substitute form of therapy for any medical condition. If you have or suspect that you have sustained any type of injury or ailment, please see a medical doctor prior to requesting or receiving any form of massage/manual therapy. Conditions requiring medical diagnosis and/or physical rehabilitative treatment or exercises will be referred out.
Regarding Covid-19 concerns for in-office appointments
While certain “reasonable” precautions can be taken with regards to COVID-19, there can be no guarantee made that either you or I will come away from our interactions unscathed. If you choose to receive massage the risk is mutually shared despite any safety protocols. It is incumbent upon each individual to be aware of and understand their own personal risk level as well as to consider the safety of those you live with or are responsible for given all currently available information.
I would also like to make prospective clients aware that as of this time (May 4th, 2021), I choose to no longer wear a face and nose covering for in office client appointments. After consolidating my appointment schedule to 3 consecutive days over the weekend, I have since noticed that consistent mask wearing throughout the day causes me to experience fatigue and headache. If my decision to not mask makes you feel unsafe in my office, then I hope you know that you are free to not make an appointment with me. I welcome all into my practice seeking professional massage services to help reduce stress, anxiety, and muscle pain – masked or unmasked and regardless vaccination status. The choice is yours to make because you are free to make it. Should you however decide to seek massage therapy at my office, you must acknowledge and accept the following risk waiver:
I understand that, because massage therapy work involves maintained touch and close physical proximity over an extended period of time, there may be an elevated risk of disease transmission, including COVID-19. I acknowledge that I am aware of the risks involved to my personal health and give consent to receive massage and bodywork from Mitchell Diaz, LMT and hereby waive and release the named massage therapist of any and all liability related to contracting COVID-19/coronavirus. The named massage therapist will likewise agree to waive and release any and all liability on the part of the client should the named massage therapist contract COVID-19/coronavirus from the client.
The full client waiver can be read in the last section below.
With that said if you think you’re coming down with a cold or flu, or otherwise feeling sick and feverish please follow the common sense custom of work and life – stay home, seek medical treatment if you need it, and focus on becoming well again. Your massage therapist will do the same. Please contact me immediately to cancel/reschedule your appointment. My cancellation policy (see below) has been fully reinstated and all late cancellations and no-show appointments will be charged for the full cost of the service.
Client Information Privacy
All information provided by a client which may include submitted documentation via written form or electronic communications, and verbally shared information during treatment phone consultation, etc., is considered confidential and will not be released to another person or entity without his/her written consent or unless required by law.
Payment: I do not accept or bill insurance. Full payment is expected at the time of service. Accepted forms of payment include cash, personal check, credit/debit cards, PayPal, Venmo, Apple and Google Pay. Fees for returned checks may be charged according to Florida law.
Cancellation: A 24-hour notice is required for cancellation of an appointment, or you will be charged in full for the appointment. Payment is due before your next appointment.
Tardiness: Appointment times are as scheduled and cannot extend beyond the stated time to accommodate late arrivals. You will be charged the full fee for your appointment regardless of how much time is left. To enjoy the full benefits of your session, please be on time to your appointment.
Sickness or Personal Emergencies: Massage/bodywork is not appropriate care for infectious or contagious illness. Please cancel your appointment as soon as you are aware of an infectious or contagious condition. If it is within the 24-hour notice period, the cancellation fee may be waived. Cases of extreme personal emergencies may also be considered as exceptions at the sole discretion of the massage therapist.
Full Client Waiver
The following waiver is located on the last page of the new client health history intake form. All clients must agree to and sign the waiver in order to receive massage therapy at my practice.
– I understand that massage therapy is provided for stress reduction, relaxation, relief from muscular tension, and improvement of circulation and energy flow.
– If I experience pain or discomfort during the session, I will immediately inform my therapist so that pressure/strokes can be adjusted to my level of comfort. I will not hold my therapist responsible for any pain or discomfort I experience during or after the session.
– I understand that the services offered today are not a substitute for medical care. I understand that my therapist is not qualified to perform spinal or skeletal adjustments, diagnose, prescribe, or treat physical or mental illness.
– I affirm that I have notified my therapist of all known medical conditions and injuries.
– I agree to inform the therapist of any changes in my health and medical condition. I understand that there shall be no liability on the therapist’s part should I forget to do so.
– I understand that massage is entirely therapeutic and non-sexual in nature.
– I understand that, because massage therapy work involves maintained touch and close physical proximity over an extended period of time, there may be an elevated risk of disease transmission, including COVID-19. I acknowledge that I am aware of the risks involved to my personal health and give consent to receive massage and bodywork from Mitchell Diaz, LMT and hereby waive and release the named massage therapist of any and all liability related to contracting COVID-19/coronavirus. The named massage therapist will likewise agree to waive and release any and all liability on the part of the client should the named massage therapist contract COVID-19/coronavirus from the client.
– By signing this release, I hereby waive and release Mitchell Diaz, LMT from any and all liability, past, present, and future relating to massage therapy and bodywork.